Home » Student FAQs

Student FAQs

Can I Register Myself for an AMDEC Course?

No. Students who register for AMDEC courses must be enrolled in their local secondary school and must have the assistance and permission of their enrolling school in order to register.

If you have the permission of your enrolling school, your Guidance Counsellor at your school will use PRISM to register you for your approved eLearning course(s).

Once I am registered how can I drop or add an AMDEC course?

All timetable changes are done through the Guidance Counsellor at your enrolling school. Guidance Counsellors at your school use PRISM to add or remove a course from your timetable.

How do I contact my teacher?

Your teacher’s email address can be found on the Contact Us page, or in the Course Resources widget on your course homepage once you have begun your course. Highlight and copy your teacher’s email address and paste it into your email.

How do I complete AMDEC’s Orientation?

A link to the orientation videos will be provided in your Orientation email. You can also access all Orientation and ‘How-To’ videos by clicking on the ‘AMDEC Orientation and Help’ link in the navbar when logged into the homepage of your course on the Core¬†website.

View the Orientation Links and Documents page

Which email account should I use for my AMDEC course?

If you are from a publicly-funded Ontario school board outside of the Avon Maitland District School Board. you must use the email account assigned to you by your home school board to correspond with AMDEC.

If you are an AMDSB or private school student, you must use the AMDSB Gmail account provided to you to correspond with AMDEC.  The link below provides information for setting up your AMDSB Gmail account:

Steps to Setup your GAFE Email Account

If I am applying to an Ontario college or university this year for next September, how do my AMDEC marks reach the Ontario College Application Service (OCAS) and/or the Ontario University Application Centre (OUAC)?

Your enrolling school (the school through which you registered for your AMDEC course and the school that holds your OSR) is responsible for submitting the marks for your AMDEC courses to OUAC and to OCAS. Your report cards will be sent to your school. If you do not see your marks updated on your OUAC and/or OCAS accounts during the mark submission dates, check with your guidance counsellor at your school to ensure that your report card has been received and that your marks have been submitted to OUAC and/or OCAS.